Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Time Alone

For an extrovert i really enjoy my time to myself.  Today was one of those days.  After a couple weeks of an insane amount of work, early mornings and late late nights, i had some down time today.  My annual Disney pass expired so it was a very good excuse to go out to get it renewed and spend some time at Epcot alone.  Disney does wonders for my soul.  I can't remember a time when Disney didn't exist in my life.  Always inspired by it and driven me towards excellence in my own work.


I think now, Disney is has become a lot more important to me.  I love being able to share it with Olive and Darcy.  Mainly Olive right now.  She gets it.  And all this bullshit about girls thinking they are princesses and some prince is going to sweep them off their feet and everything will be happy ever after is just that, shit.  Be a real parent, teach your kid real life, but never take away their imagination because you don't know how to be a real and intentional parent.  Anyway.



Its been almost 16 years that i have been going to Disney with Casey.  Thats probably my favorite thing to do.  We have so many memories there.

Ok, not sure how talking about my day got into a Disney lovefest, but im ok with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment