Monday, December 21, 2009

I absolutely love Christmas time...

I am listening to Amy Grant's "Grown-Up Christmas List" as i start this blog. Its amazing to me who i love to listen to at Christmas time. Any other time of year Amy would not get 2 words in before the music got changed, but right now she is perfect. There are 3 songs that i will listen to for sure every christmas till i die, "Another Year Has Gone By" by Celine Dion, "River" by Sarah Mclaughlin, and "Happy Christmas (War is Over)" by John Lennon. I think those songs sum up my feelings at Christmas time.

This is my first X-Mas (thats for all you baptists out there :) ) with 2 kids. Darcy does not realize what is going on around her at the moment, but she loves the lights. Olive on the other hand is unreal. She takes everything in. I love experiencing this with her as she grows up. Which, by the way, brings me to the point that i am very selfish with her right now. She is learning so much and so fast that i dont wanna miss a thang (aerosmith reference ftw).

This is technically my 13th christmas with Casey. You want proof....



Yes that is awesome.  I would not be here with out her.  I would not be a quarter of the person i am today without her.  And i am glad to know that i weighed less than her at one point in my life :)  Dont let her fool you, she is perfect, and i miss those glasses.

Anyway, Christmas makes me very thankful for the family and friends i have in my life.  I just read an old blog post from one of my closest friends Jason, and i realized just how thankful i am that he is still in my life after all these years.  I am thankful that none of my family lives out of town anymore.  I am thankful that i get to see everyone that i love at christmas time. There is more i am thankful for, just not enough to blog about.

Directly behind me right now is a dead 9ft tall christmas tree, its 5 days till christmas, and for some reason it does not bother me at all.  Directly in front of me i can see the neighbors christmas light outside, they are very nice.  And on the the CCM music tv channel is Steven Curtis Chapman's "I WIll Be Here," a song that i will always love.  I love christmas time.

No comments:

Post a Comment